Hey guys, I’ve been getting a lot of new followers recently and I wanna say hi and thank you for following me! My name is Tera but you can call me Left! I’m 24 years old and I’m living in LA with my best friend/fiancee Marcia. <3 I work outside of the arts industry, but drawing is something I dedicate almost all of my free time to. It’s so incredible to be able to share my art with people, thank you all so much!
However, with recent life events our finances have been put under considerable strain and I might be coming up on a span of a few weeks during which I won’t be able to draw much. After my hours at my old job were severely cut, I had to find a second full-time job. I was finally able to land one, but literally on my first day of work my fiancee was in a car accident with an 18-wheeler which fled the scene, leaving us to foot the bill.
She hasn’t really been able to talk much about the accident because it was pretty traumatic, so I’ve abstained from mentioning it until now. We’re extremely lucky she didn’t wind up in the hospital, but more than $10,000 of damage was still done to her car. Thanks to the miracle of car insurance, we didn’t have to pay the full amount, but over the course of dealing with the accident we’ve lost about $1,000.
With my job I know that we’ll at least squeak through rent, but there are other things right now that I can’t afford that I really need to pay (like my health insurance). I work full days, with about 3 hours of commuting PER DAY on top. Between that and the stress of deciding between eating lunch and saving for bills, it’s really hard to draw or work on projects.
If you guys are FEELIN THE LOVE, we’d both be so grateful if you’d consider helping us out! Here are a few ways you (yes you!) can help us not panic and die:
- Sketchbooks: I’ve got discounted sketchbooks up for sale via Gumroad and Sellfy! Gumroad takes credit cards and Sellfy takes paypal.
- Con Prints: As i mentioned the other day, my Storenvy is now open for business again! All of my shipping materials arrived today and any orders placed will be shipped in a timely manner. If you buy something through my storenvy, email me a screencap of your receipt at email@example.com and I can include a free doodle of whatever you request. For an extra $5 donation via paypal, I can do a more polished sketch and pack it along with your purchase!
- Commissions: I only have a few commissions on my plate right now (all of which have significant progress completed) so I’m comfortable taking on more. Since we’re in kind of dire need, I’d be happy to do some sketch/ink commissions like this for ~$10 or ink/marker drawings like this for ~$15-$20. Of course, I’m happy to discuss more expensive commissions. Either way, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk things over.
- Donations: I know some people just would rather donate than choose something like a commission or print or something. I feel bad about not giving anything concrete in return, but I understand that some people prefer that. If you do feel like donating, thank you so much for your generosity, it means the world to me! My paypal is email@example.com if you’d like to donate.
- Signal Boosting: I know a lot of people are in tight spots just like we are! I understand and I hope none of you beat yourselves up for not being able to donate/buy/etc. If you’d still like to help, signal boosting would be very kind of you.
Thank you all so much for your kindness and understanding and for sticking with us through this stuff!
Hello everyone! My fiance Tera & all around incredible person made this post yesterday and I wanted to reblog it and really take the chance to thank every single person who has helped us—through donations, through purchases, commissions & signal boosts. Your compassion and kindness are appreciated more than I could ever say.
I am also reblogging this to give a little bit more information because until Tera kind of took the first step I was too nervous to discuss it much publicly. A couple months ago I was let go via email, without notice while at physical therapy by my abusive ex-employers. I don’t know why but that marked the beginning of a chain of events that have been a drain on savings and such an emotional tax that it has rendered all aspects of daily life painful and difficult.
In June, the day before I was struck by the 18-wheeler my dog was put down. She was one of my best friends through the last 14 years of my life and to be honest I still have not allowed myself to come to terms her with death simply because the emotional tax is too high to allow right now. I made a brief mention of it in this post a while back.
I was on my way to pick Tera up from their first day of work when I was hit by the 18-wheeler (going 70+mph) and nearly run off the road. Tera’s post did not go into much detail but the fact of the matter is if I had not reacted so quickly I would be dead. I filed a police report on the scene but the truck driver was never found, leaving us to foot the bill for insurance as well as the rise in premiums.
The experience was shocking and traumatic and while I continue to do my best to function in daily life, it is hard. I have a somewhat severe anxiety problem which has made recovery increasingly difficult. R.e. the anxiety from lack of money, medical bills, a terrifying car accident causes me to subconsciously clench the muscles in my back. So much so that it has actually misaligned my spine (this was corroborated by a chiropractor just fyi). My misaligned back obviously makes it uncomfortable for me to sit, stand, walk and even lie down without some degree of physical pain or discomfort. And anyone with chronic pain can tell you that it sucks the joy out of your life and everything you do. Despite that, I’m still embarrassed to admit to this problem even though it manifests itself in measurable, physical pain.
Life has just been difficult in general. Tera took the first step for me last night by bringing it up and I just want to say thank you to everyone again. The kindness that everyone has shown has made me feel brave enough to speak up and brave enough to ask for help as well.
- Sketchbook—I also have a sketchbooklet up on Gumroad! The document includes drawings from 2012-2013 and it is free for download! If you would like, you may choose to purchase it for any amount you chose but I just wanted to offer it as a thank you to everyone who has helped us.
- Commissions—Though I am struggling with persistent back pain I would like to put out offers for commissions again if anyone is interested in them! I can offer a fast turn around since money is tight and am happy to work with pricing for anyone interested! My commissions page is right here and I can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Donations—For those who prefer donations, my paypal is email@example.com. I will never feel comfortable including this option but I know some prefer it as well.
Thank you so much, for like the millionth time, to every single person who has helped us in any way. I am endlessly grateful to you and hope to pay it forward in the future.
(yo, consider signal boosting. Updates will resume once I finish my finals! WIZARD SCHOOL IS TAKING ITS TOLL! Once my internet gets better I will do a request stream!)